Sunday, March 8, 2009

Project Based Learning for the Easily Distracted English Teacher

So, I am learning that to blog takes time for me, perhaps more than for others. I do find that I am consistently thinking of thinks that I want to say, but somehow...

Anyway, this blog is about the concept of PBL, or Project Based Learning. I am not sure if what I have been doing is really PBL or not, but am very excited to learn what the ins and outs of this teaching method are. I hope that by the end of the grad class I will have grown enough to be more than just dangerous...

I am quite concerned that I may have some difficulties in finding a project that satisfies the requirements of the class and meet my needs in an English High School classroom. The initial reading that I have done indicates that the end result should answer a question, solve a problem or create a solution to a difficulty. I may, most likely am, wrong on this count, but more than willing to continue to explore the concept of PBL.

I am now in search of online examples that others are willing to share of their work with PBL in the English area. I am not a creative individual,but one that can adopt or mashup other's ideas into something that can be used in my classroom. On that note, I really enjoyed this Larry Lessig Video that just came across my T'deck...perhaps this helps eplain why I have trouble writing blogs...but I digress...

Some can come up with the ideas, others can put them into use...

The quest for knowledge continues...

Ciao,

Stephen

No comments: